Silvie serves as a trusted consultant to organizations and companies infusing design thinking into their culture.
Silvie led OpenIDEO Meet-ups in San Francisco including an OpenIDEO Meet-up at the d.school, facilitated a design thinking bootcamp at CCCSSF and advised WE Foundation about designing an innovation workshop for youth.
Learn more about Silvie on LinkedIn.
Community Impact Fellow & Meet-up Facilitator Volunteer
OpenIDEO SF Meet-up for OpenIDEO, an open innovation platform for social impact developed by IDEO
- grew and managed the OpenIDEO SF Meet-up community, recognized as a Meet-up Program leader
- managed local meet-up schedule and social media, including end-to-end event management
- recruited and managed facilitators who facilitated small groups at the meet-up
- developed and facilitated brainstorming, prototyping sessions
- identified and managed relationships with industry-recognized experts
- collaborated on developing “Facilitator’s Toolkit” for facilitating human-centered design
- co-created “Best Practices” for running local meet-ups
DESIGN THINKING IS A CREATIVE PROBLEM-SOLVING APPROACH THAT HELPS YOU:
- using your challenges, learn techniques to rapidly deconstruct problems and identify assumptions
- discover unmet stakeholder needs to inspire and create better functioning systems
- prototype for your organization to make most of your talent and identify and fill gaps before they turn into problems
- explore the most impactful ways of delivering key benefits
- foster a culture of innovation and collaboration
"Silvie is a mover and a shaker and SHINES as one of our Meetup fellows in San Francisco. She started as a Meetup facilitator about 9 months ago and has gone above and beyond what was expected of her. I often reference her work in San Francisco as a best practice for our other 60+ Meetups globally. She's got a great spirit, has a way to motivate people to join her and has started a volunteer train the trainer program within her San Francisco community. She's mentored other facilitators, has secured local partnerships for her Meetup community with CapitalOne and General Assembly, and continues to facilitate Meetups. As a Meetup fellow she's one of the BEST."
- Em Havens, Community Lead, OpenIDEO
Design Thinking Facilitator
Design Thinking Bootcamps
Consumer Credit Counseling Services
- educated participants about the design thinking process
- led a design thinking session from empathy building to rapid prototyping
- created an implementation guide for the company
Design Thinking Advisor Pro Bono
World Education Foundation
- advised on structure and content for WE: SOLVE PROTOTYPE WORKSHOP IN THE DOMIZ REFUGEE CAMP IN THE KURDISTAN REGION OF IRAQ, a daylong design thinking workshop
- dvised on structure and content for WE: SOLVE LAB, a 6-week program that teaches youth a human-centered design
Yoga and Creativity Workshop
~ cultivate an innovative mindset and find your way to design thinking
Date & Time: TBA
Yoga and creativity ( a quality essential to design thinking ) are about exploring what is possible. Creativity just like yoga is a whole-body experience. In this workshop, you will learn yogic tools that will lead you into the right state conducive to creativity and design thinking.
You will learn to address common fears such as fear of uncertainty and failure, become comfortable with empathy and ambiguity and cultivate optimistic and inquisitive mind.
Previous experience with yoga or fitness is not necessary. The yogic tools that you will explore are accessible to anyone anytime. Wear comfortable clothes. This is an experiential workshop, not a workout class.